Launchpad has imported 7 comments from the remote bug at
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=77894.

If you reply to an imported comment from within Launchpad, your comment
will be sent to the remote bug automatically. Read more about
Launchpad's inter-bugtracker facilities at
https://help.launchpad.net/InterBugTracking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 2014-04-24T13:28:47+00:00 Libreoffice-bugzilla wrote:

Hi,

after updating LibreOffice to version 4.2.3.3 (from ubuntu 14.04
repository), I get an error dialog after sending a job to local cups
server. This dialog contains this message:

  "I could not start the printer.
   Check printer configuration"

But printing starts and finishes without a visible problem.

This problems occurs on three different installations (all running
Kubuntu 14.04).

(I have seen another bugreport (Bug 77311), which was wrongly closed as
a duplicate of bug 76195, but 76195 is something completely
different...)

Any help is most welcome!

Regards,
Thomas

Reply at:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1316658/comments/0

------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 2014-04-26T19:41:27+00:00 Cno wrote:

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for reporting. I can confirm this.

(The problem with bug 77311 is that it reported more then one
problem...)

Cor

Reply at:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1316658/comments/1

------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 2014-04-27T00:03:58+00:00 Don Myers wrote:

I have the same issue also on several printers. Printing always starts
even though the error message says there is a problem. I'm running LO
4.2.3.3 on Ubuntu 14.04.

Reply at:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1316658/comments/2

------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 2014-04-28T17:11:41+00:00 MR Zenwiz wrote:

I can confirm that this also happens on LO 4.2.3.3 running on Xubuntu
12.04.2 LTS.

Reply at:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1316658/comments/3

------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 2014-04-29T21:30:45+00:00 jfowlie wrote:

I have the same issue on Ubuntu 14.04 AMD64 Desktop with LO 4.2.3.3.

Reply at:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1316658/comments/4

------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 2014-04-30T18:34:33+00:00 Peter Sewell wrote:

I also have this problem. Error box - but printing works fine.

Reply at:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1316658/comments/5

------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 2014-05-03T20:07:49+00:00 NoOp wrote:

Confirm with 4.2.3.3.

Works for me with
Version: 4.2.4.1
Build ID: d4c441391e20647b3d2e8dde4d20aa868e77e51

Reply at:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1316658/comments/6


** Changed in: df-libreoffice
       Status: Unknown => Confirmed

** Changed in: df-libreoffice
   Importance: Unknown => Medium

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to libreoffice in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1316658

Title:
  [Upstream] Misleading error dialog while printing in libreoffice
  writer

Status in LibreOffice Productivity Suite:
  Confirmed
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  Hi,

  libreoffice version 4.2.3.3 (current version from ubuntu 14.04 repository) 
shows an error dialog while printing a document:
    "Could not start printer.
     Please check your printer configuration"

  But printing starts and finishes without a visible problem.

  Excepted behavior: This dialog should not be displayed!

  This problems occurs on three installations, all running Kubuntu
  14.04, and it's confirmed by various other users in my bugreport  on
  bugs.freedesktop.org for other ubuntu variants, see
  https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=77894 for details

  The issue is reported to be fixed in libreoffice 4.2.4.1. Is it
  possible to backport the fix or to deploy a newer version in ubuntu
  repository?

  Regards,
  Thomas

  Version/Package information:
  ------------------------------------------
  Description:    Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
  Release:           14.04
  Package:          libreoffice-writer                       
  Version:           1:4.2.3~rc3-0ubuntu2

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/df-libreoffice/+bug/1316658/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to