Public bug reported:
I was just trying to install 64-bit 14.04 LTS. Due to a video bug in the
default installation image, I had to boot to a terminal instead of the
usual Unity GUI. The video bug is actually fixed already, but I needed
to download it. So I just did "sudo apt-get update" followed by "sudo
apt-get upgrade". After the latter command, the keyboard (both internal
and external) could only get keys through to the terminal about 40% of
the time. In other words, I would need to press the same letter 2 or 3
times before it would appear on the screen. What's worse, the actual
command that the terminal received was different than both (1) what I
actually typed and (2) what appeared on the screen. So for example, I
would type "poweroff" as "pppppoooowweeeroooooffffffffff". It would
appear as "poweroff", but then the terminal would complain that there
was no such command as "ppooweroofff". I finally gave up and rebooted.
Everything works fine now, even in a terminal. But I've repeated this
experiment a few times, immediately after a fresh install, and it always
happens.
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
Package: gnome-terminal 3.6.2-0ubuntu1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-24.47-generic 3.13.9
Uname: Linux 3.13.0-24-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.1
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: Unity
Date: Sun May 18 10:33:06 2014
EcryptfsInUse: Yes
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gnome-terminal
InstallationDate: Installed on 2014-05-18 (0 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release amd64 (20140417)
ProcEnviron:
LANGUAGE=en_US
PATH=(custom, no user)
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: gnome-terminal
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
** Affects: gnome-terminal (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
** Tags: amd64 apport-bug trusty
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-terminal in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1320648
Title:
Randomly ignored keystrokes in terminal
Status in “gnome-terminal” package in Ubuntu:
New
Bug description:
I was just trying to install 64-bit 14.04 LTS. Due to a video bug in
the default installation image, I had to boot to a terminal instead of
the usual Unity GUI. The video bug is actually fixed already, but I
needed to download it. So I just did "sudo apt-get update" followed by
"sudo apt-get upgrade". After the latter command, the keyboard (both
internal and external) could only get keys through to the terminal
about 40% of the time. In other words, I would need to press the same
letter 2 or 3 times before it would appear on the screen. What's
worse, the actual command that the terminal received was different
than both (1) what I actually typed and (2) what appeared on the
screen. So for example, I would type "poweroff" as
"pppppoooowweeeroooooffffffffff". It would appear as "poweroff", but
then the terminal would complain that there was no such command as
"ppooweroofff". I finally gave up and rebooted. Everything works fine
now, even in a terminal. But I've repeated this experiment a few
times, immediately after a fresh install, and it always happens.
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
Package: gnome-terminal 3.6.2-0ubuntu1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-24.47-generic 3.13.9
Uname: Linux 3.13.0-24-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.1
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: Unity
Date: Sun May 18 10:33:06 2014
EcryptfsInUse: Yes
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gnome-terminal
InstallationDate: Installed on 2014-05-18 (0 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release amd64 (20140417)
ProcEnviron:
LANGUAGE=en_US
PATH=(custom, no user)
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: gnome-terminal
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-terminal/+bug/1320648/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp