Can we take this to the next step of  troubleshooting?

Packages, which is subscribed to gksu in Ubuntu.

  After upgrading to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS can't login to GUI

Status in “gksu” package in Ubuntu:

  I have upgraded two Dell system to to 14.04 and  I was able to login
  once after the upgrade. For as long as I did not log out of the GUI
  everything was working great.  After rebooting, any attempt to login
  resulted in a flash and  an immediate "invalid username/password"
  response. I have tried my admin account, guest, as well as creating a
  new account.  All accounts worked fine via terminal (CTRL + ALT + F)
  login.

  Any help greatly appreciated !