Public bug reported:

I have a dual booted chromebook (chromeos and ubuntu 13.10).

I updated my chromebook and my audio stopped working when I boot into
the linux os. I don't know if that is the cause.

I have been through the sound debugging page and i think i have isolated
the problem to be the modules. When I run find /lib/modules/`uname -r` |
grep snd, I get a readout that cannot find that directory or files.

When I try to install, however, using:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install linux-restricted-modules-$(uname -r)
 
or

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install linux-restricted-modules-generic

I get a readout that a package of that name cannot be found.

I don't know what to do next.


Thanks in advance for the help,

Chukleberryfinn

** Affects: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New


** Tags: alsa audio client cras linux-restricted-modules no pulseaudio

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1322394

Title:
  Can't install linux-restricted-modules

Status in “pulseaudio” package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  I have a dual booted chromebook (chromeos and ubuntu 13.10).

  I updated my chromebook and my audio stopped working when I boot into
  the linux os. I don't know if that is the cause.

  I have been through the sound debugging page and i think i have
  isolated the problem to be the modules. When I run find
  /lib/modules/`uname -r` | grep snd, I get a readout that cannot find
  that directory or files.

  When I try to install, however, using:

  sudo apt-get update
  sudo apt-get install linux-restricted-modules-$(uname -r)
   
  or

  sudo apt-get update
  sudo apt-get install linux-restricted-modules-generic

  I get a readout that a package of that name cannot be found.

  I don't know what to do next.

  
  Thanks in advance for the help,

  Chukleberryfinn

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1322394/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to