[Expired for rhythmbox (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]

** Changed in: rhythmbox (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  No sound or jerky sound when playing Audio CDs in rhythmbox

Status in “rhythmbox” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Playing commercial audio CDs worked fine for me  in rhythmbox in the
  initial release of Ubuntu 12.04 (May 2012).

  However sometime between then and 5th Jul 2012, they have stopped
  working.

  Currently I get either a few seconds of sound and then nothing, or the first
few seconds of each track are very jerky
  and then rest of track plays ok.

  Movies / Audio from YouTube work fine in Firefox and Chromium.
  Commercial move DVDs play fine audio/visual in MoviePlayer
  Audio from .ogg files on my hard disk play fine in Rhythmbox.

  So some problem with reading audio from CDs.

  I have tried the suggestions at
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/PositionReporting none of which helped.

  This is related to various reported bugs, but I dont know enough to
  say for sure that they are duplicates.

   http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2012727 sounds relevant

  Release:      12.04

  rhythmbox:
    Installed: 2.96-0ubuntu4
    Candidate: 2.96-0ubuntu4
    Version table:
   *** 2.96-0ubuntu4 0
          500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/main i386 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  Package: rhythmbox 2.96-0ubuntu4
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-26.41-generic-pae 3.2.19
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-26-generic-pae i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu8
  Architecture: i386