Yet

Packages, which is subscribed to pidgin in Ubuntu.

  pidgin crashes when closing conversation window after using indicator
  messages applet

Status in “pidgin” package in Ubuntu:

  The following sequence reproduces the crash on my Oeneric desktop
  installation every time:

  1. When a new message arrives to pidgin in Unity desktop, the indicator
messages applet will display highlighted mail envelope icon.
  2. If I click on the icon, there would be a menu item showing the contact
name.
  3. Clicking on the contact name brings up the new conversation window with
the contact.
  4. If after that I close the conversation window (by hitting Escape key), the
window will show gray background and sit there for a while.

  The pidgin will crash afterwards at random places.