D-Bus Service, Jamendo and Python Console can be enabled on my laptop
and they remain enabled after restarting Totem. I checked the python
console and it works (did not know how to check the other two plugins
but there's nor warning or error on the console).

The issue is with the subtitle editor plugin:

- I can only enable it if I first enable one of the other three plugins
mentioned above
- it does not work - pressing the Find button to find subtitles does not have
any effect
- after restarting totem fails to load and makes the other 3 fail as well and
it can only be disabled by using dconf-editor
- after enabling it I see the following stacktrace (same as in comment #7):

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gobject/constants.py:24: Warning:
g_boxed_type_register_static: assertion `g_type_from_name (name) == 0' failed
  import gobject._gobject

Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.

  python plugins not working

Status in “totem” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in “totem” source package in Oneiric:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Hi,

  I upgraded to Oneiric and noticed that the upnp-coherence plugin is missing.
After installing it manually, I noticed that some plugins aren't working on
totem.
  Output from console:

  (totem:5249): libpeas-WARNING **: Could not find 'Module' in
  '/usr/lib/totem/plugins/upnp-coherence/upnp-coherence.plugin'

  (totem:5249): libpeas-WARNING **: Error loading
'/usr/lib/totem/plugins/upnp-coherence/upnp-coherence.plugin'
  /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gobject/constants.py:24: Warning:
g_boxed_type_register_static: assertion `g_type_from_name (name) == 0' failed
    import gobject._gobject
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/totem/plugins/pythonconsole/pythonconsole.py", line 69, in
<module>
      class PythonConsolePlugin(gobject.GObject, Peas.Activatable):
  TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
      metaclass conflict: the metaclass of a derived class must be a
(non-strict) subclass of the metaclasses of all its bases

  (totem:5249): libpeas-WARNING **: Error loading plugin 'pythonconsole'
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/totem/plugins/opensubtitles/opensubtitles.py", line 298, in
<module>
      class OpenSubtitles(gobject.GObject, Peas.Activatable):
  TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
      metaclass conflict: the metaclass of a derived class must be a
(non-strict) subclass of the metaclasses of all its bases

  (totem:5249): libpeas-WARNING **: Error loading plugin 'opensubtitles'
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/totem/plugins/jamendo/jamendo.py", line 66, in <module>
      class JamendoPlugin(gobject.GObject, Peas.Activatable,
PeasGtk.Configurable):
  TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
      metaclass conflict: the metaclass of a derived class must be a
(non-strict) subclass of the metaclasses of all its bases

  (totem:5249): libpeas-WARNING **: Error loading plugin 'jamendo'
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/totem/plugins/dbus/dbus-service.py", line 30, in <module>
      class dbusservice(gobject.GObject, Peas.Activatable):
  TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
      metaclass conflict: the metaclass of a derived class must be a
(non-strict) subclass of the metaclasses of all its bases

  (totem:5249): libpeas-WARNING **: Error loading plugin 'dbus-service'
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/totem/plugins/iplayer/iplayer.py", line 16, in <module>
      class IplayerPlugin (gobject.GObject, Peas.Activatable):
  TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
      metaclass conflict: the metaclass of a derived class must be a
(non-strict) subclass of the metaclasses of all its bases

  (totem:5249): libpeas-WARNING **: Error loading plugin 'iplayer'
  Totem-Message: socket created
  Segmentation fault (core dumped)

  ProblemType: BugDistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
  Package: totem 3.0.1-0ubuntu5
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-11-generic i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: slamr
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Tue Sep 20 23:39:19 2011SourcePackage: totem
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to oneiric on 2011-09-17 (3 days ago)