I would say this is a priority.

** Summary changed:

- dont make active page pink, but gray out inactive pages
+ Show indicator for active page

** Changed in: simple-scan

Packages, which is subscribed to simple-scan in Ubuntu.

  Show indicator for active page

Status in Simple Scan:
  Confirmed
Status in “simple-scan” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: simple-scan

  Maverick 32 bits, all updates installed.

  When working with multiple paged documents (sorting, cropping) it is not
clear what page is selected, so I usually end up clicking every page before
doing something to it. This is pretty annoying when working on scans with more
than 4 or 5 pages.
  I would expect the active/selected page to be indicated with either a 'frame'
around it or by the other pages being greyed out a bit or similar.

  cheers
  Tom