CurrentDesktop: XFCE
Date: Sat Jun 14 21:52:41 2014
EcryptfsInUse: Yes
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Release amd64 (20111012)
PackageArchitecture: all
SourcePackage: software-center
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2014-05-01 (43 days ago)

** Affects: software-center (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug trusty

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Software-center isn't able to deal with root priviledge (which are
  mandatory to install a software, may I recall…)

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:

  I have already reported this, but as it's still not working, I guess no one
reads the bugs there… great.
  Here is the usual problem: I download a package from the Internet, typically
Google-talk's plugin.
  It's a package, I double click on it and software-center launches itself.  I
ask to install/upgrade the software… and I'm facing an *error* saying that I
have no priviledge to install this application.  This error is a stupid error
from dpkg saying “I'm not run as root!”.
  Is that so complex to ask for the root password before installing something
and running dpkg?!?
  Martin, as usual very impressed by how “easy” it is to use Ubuntu rather than
any serious Debian system.

  Package: software-center 13.10-0ubuntu4.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-29.53-generic 3.13.11.2
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-29-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.2
  Architecture: amd64