This bug was fixed in the package libgphoto2 - 2.5.4-1ubuntu3

---------------
libgphoto2 (2.5.4-1ubuntu3) utopic; urgency=medium

  * debian/libgphoto2-6.udev: Fix typo to really make the rule work.
    (LP: #1296275)
 -- Martin Pitt <martin.p...@ubuntu.com>   Mon, 16 Jun 2014 11:38:27 +0200

** Changed in: libgphoto2 (Ubuntu Utopic)

Packages, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.

  PTP Cameras not working on 14.04, works flawlessly on 12.04

Status in GVFS:
  Confirmed
Status in libgphoto:
  New
Status in Rapid Photo Downloader:
  Invalid
Status in “gvfs” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “libgphoto2” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “gvfs” source package in Trusty:
  Won't Fix
Status in “libgphoto2” source package in Trusty:
  In Progress
Status in “gvfs” source package in Utopic:
  Triaged
Status in “libgphoto2” source package in Utopic:

  I have a Canon Powershot A3200 camera. It works perfectly on 12.04,
  pops right up when I plug it in. However on 14.04 nothing happens.

  lsusb outputs shows that the camera is detected, with the right model.

  SRU INFORMATION:
  ----------------
  IMPACT: All PtP cameras which don't have an explicit vendor/model match in
/lib/udev/hwdb.d/20-libgphoto2-6.hwdb stop working in gvfs/shotwell/etc. This
is a regression since Saucy.

  FIX: Bring back the udev rule to tag generic PtP devices that we had had for
many releases. This will tag the udev_device with the ID_GPHOTO2 property which
is where gvfs and friends are looking (not on the usb_interface child).
  Patch:
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/177343655/libgphoto2_2.5.4-1ubuntu1_2.5.4-1ubuntu2.diff.gz

  REGRESSION POTENTIAL: Very low. Adding tags to the wrong device might
  confuse gvfs/shotwell and friends, but this rule had been in
  production for many years. Broken udev rules are harmless except for
  error spew in syslog, and this doesn't interfere with the hwdb
  database as it only matches on usb_devices, not on usb_interfaces.