** Changed in: signon (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to signon in Ubuntu.

  Add an accounts click hook

Status in “signon” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Click packages need to be able to add new account types just as debian
  packages can. I would suggest a click manifest definition similar to
  below.

  manifest.json:
  {
      "description": "My Description",
      "framework": "ubuntu-sdk-14.10-dev2",
      "architecture": "all",
      "hooks": {
          "my-application": {
              "accounts": "my-accounts" <-- this refers to the name of a dir in
your click package
          }
      },
      "icon": "icon",
      "maintainer": "Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-disc...@lists.ubuntu.com>",
      "name": "com.package.name",
      "title": "A click package providing account types",
      "version": "1.0.0"
  }

  And then in your click package provide the directory "my-accounts", following
the same structure as in /usr/share/accounts:
  my-accounts:
  ├── applications
  │   └── something.application
  ├── providers
  │   └── something.provider
  ├── qml-plugins
  │   ├── something
  │   └──── Main.qml
  ├── services
  │   └── yahoo-mail.service
  └── service_types
      └── ubuntuone.service-type

  Your actual click hook file could be something like this:
  Pattern: ${home}/.local/share/accounts/${id}
  User-Level: yes
  Hook-Name: accounts

  You'd obviously need to monitor "~/.local/share/accounts/". In there
  the click machinery will create symlinks to the directories specified
  above.

  Any click packaging would satisfy the requirements really, but I think
  what I have specified above is pretty simple to both use and
  implement.