** Also affects: cups-filters (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: cups-filters (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: system-config-printer (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cups-filters in Ubuntu.

  Config details of networked printer aren't saved

Status in “cups-filters” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “system-config-printer” package in Ubuntu:

  Mint 17 64 bit. When I run the printer configuration application
  (system-config-printer) it detects my network printer. If I then
  access Priner properties I can set the manufacturer and model number
  in the usual way and the printer works. However the settings don't
  survive a reboot.

  The workround is to make a change to the Description field: the Apply
  button is then enabled and I can save the changes. Evidently the
  application doesn't register the changes to the printer's properties
  as a change requiring saving, and so leaves the Apply button greyed
  out.

  This behaviour is consistent and repeatable under Mate and Xfce.

  While the workround is simple the behaviour is confusing particularly
  to a new user.