This now also affects 9.04 distro.
The link from the last message is dead, however, original page may be found on
web archive:
http://web.archive.org/web/20140223193323/http://my.opera.com/Michael-Dodl/blog/2011/06/24/latex-disabling-the-5-year-time-bomb

Packages, which is subscribed to texlive-base in Ubuntu.

  package texlive-base 2007.dfsg.1-2 failed to install/upgrade: exit
  status 1 - fmtutil-sys failed

Status in “texlive-base” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: texlive-base

  Achitechture Intrepid AMD64 KDE 4.2 beta 2.  Error mesg included "
  Please fix manually (try dpkg --configure -a and/or apt-get -f
  install) in terminal... tried both to no avail. Didn't know if I
  should do new bug report or subscribe to another as Architechture
  different.  Sorry it I've done the wrong thing.

  Timothy Liddy

  ProblemType: Package
  ErrorMessage: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
  Package: texlive-base 2007.dfsg.1-2
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: texlive-base
  Title: package texlive-base 2007.dfsg.1-2 failed to install/upgrade: