Does bug 1272725 (upstream freedesktop-bug 73115) happen to describe
your issue? (It may not since the discussion is that it is KDE
specific.) I find a few of reports, e.g. on ask.libreoffice.org, about
slow dialogs; one remedy being resetting the user profile
(http://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/3190/libreoffice-ui-dialogs-
slow-to-open/). It may also be a hardware/driver issue, so you may want
to post that information.

  context menus dont work

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  In Calc when clicking on a cell, column or row to format the cell, the format
dialog mostly appears but does not allow changes.
  Doing the same from the menu works.

  e.g. changing the width of a column or the hight of a row or the
  borders of a cell.

  Sometimes the dialog window is rendered but left empty.

  This is independent of the document (happens in all documents I
  tested).

  Also Calc is extremely slow.

  Package: libreoffice-calc 1:4.2.4-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-30.54-generic 3.13.11.2
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-30-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia wl
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Thu Jul  3 15:04:52 2014
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" - Release amd64+mac
(20130424)
  SourcePackage: libreoffice
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2014-04-20 (74 days ago)