Please follow the instructions of the section "USB printer does not
print or prints garbage" on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingPrintingProblems. Thanks.

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  Canon MX310 printer hangs when printing LibreOffice Writer doc

Status in “cups” package in Ubuntu:

  New Linux user reports problem printing letters from Lenovo T60 with
  Linux Mint 17 (Qiana) on Canon MX310 printer using LibreOffice
  4.2.4.2.

  I've borrowed the printer and done a fresh install of Mint 17 and
  Ubuntu 14.04 and reproduced the problem on both systems.  A short
  letter prints to completion as far as the computer is concerned and is
  removed from the print queue.  The printer prints the full text but
  does not eject the page, and the display shows "PRINTING...".  The
  paper has to be manually pulled out of the printer and it has to be
  power cycled to resume normal operation.

  I will attach the document used.

  I've turned on the error log, but it's about 14MB, rather large to
  upload.

  I'll be returning the printer today, and travelling for perhaps a
  week, but after that I'm keen to resume investigation, though this is
  my first time with a printer problem so I'll be appreciating any
  guidance.

  In contrast, printing from Firefox and Gedit have not shown any
  problem.

  Package: cups 1.7.2-0ubuntu1.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-30.55-generic 3.13.11.2
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-30-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.2
  Architecture: i386
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Tue Jul 22 11:52:10 2014
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release i386 (20140417)
  Lpstat: device for MX310-series:
usb://Canon/MX310%20series?serial=470CDE&interface=1
  MachineType: LENOVO 1706W5K
  Papersize: a4
  PccardctlIdent:
   Socket 0:
     no product info available
  PccardctlStatus:
   Socket 0:
     no card
  PpdFiles: MX310-series: Canon MX310 series - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.10-pre2
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.13.0-30-generic
root=UUID=f88bfaa3-b8a8-4ec0-beaf-cf990a6066cc ro quiet splash
  SourcePackage: cups
  dmi.bios.date: 04/21/2006
  dmi.bios.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.bios.version: 7BET45WW (1.05 )
  dmi.board.name: 1706W5K
  dmi.board.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.board.version: Not Available
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Information
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.chassis.version: Not Available
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnLENOVO:bvr7BET45WW(1.05):bd04/21/2006:svnLENOVO:pn1706W5K:pvrThinkPadX60:rvnLENOVO:rn1706W5K:rvrNotAvailable:cvnLENOVO:ct10:cvrNotAvailable:
  dmi.product.name: 1706W5K
  dmi.product.version: ThinkPad X60
  dmi.sys.vendor: LENOVO