I'm still seeing this issue when Google Chrome is the last open ( and
focused ) application upon suspend.  When I typed my password in it
didn't work - so I did the "switch account" hack and logged in - and
found my password sitting in the Chrome address bar.

I've installed the latest proposed updates and have the following compiz
version:
$ apt-cache policy compiz
compiz:
  Installed: 1:0.9.11.2+14.04.20140714-0ubuntu1

Let me know if I'm missing anything.

Packages, which is subscribed to compiz in Ubuntu.

  Lock screen is unusable when some windows have a keyboard/mouse grab

Status in Compiz:
  Fix Committed
Status in Compiz 0.9.11 series:
  Fix Released
Status in Unity:
  Fix Released
Status in Unity 7.2 series:
  Fix Released
Status in “compiz” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “compiz” source package in Trusty:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity” source package in Trusty:

  [Impact]
  Some windows will grab the keyboard/mouse and when the lockscreen kicks in,
this window will still have the grab and thusly, you can't enter your password
in the lockscreen.

  [Test case]
  This will work only in the case that your lockscreen is set (from unity
control center, lock pane) to lock immediately (when screen turns off).

  1. Open a window that will hold the grab, such as the ssh password dialog or
a virtual
     machine (such as virtualbox in fullscreen).
  2. Wait for the lock screen to activate [1].
  3. The screen won't be locked, since it's not possible to steal drag to
another window.

  [Regression potential]
  For the same reason of lp:49579, we can't lock the screen (yet) if something
takes the grab in X, or we won't able to get input back. This is not a
regression because it has never been possible in Ubuntu before, while when we
tried that, it caused this bug.

  A possible source of regression might be that we now try to
  grab/ungrab the screen (the only X reliable way for grab checking),
  when showing the dash/hud or the lockscreen itself, and this might
  slow things down a little, but from measurements done this slow down
  is generally about 2ms, so nothing to worry about.

  * Compiz Debdiff is found at
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/178439518/compiz-trusty-sru-2.debdiff *

  [1] You can use this to reduce the locking delay:
        gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.session idle-delay 5
      and resetting it with:
        gsettings reset org.gnome.desktop.session idle-delay

  -----------

  Original Description:

  My screen just timed out and locked when a password prompt which had a
  grab was displaying.

  I couldn't type my password or interact with the indicators.

  gnome-screensaver just refuses to lock in this situation, perhaps
  unity could do the same unless it's possible to remove and readd the
  grabs yourself, but I don't think XLib lets you do that (you can only
  remove your own grabs AFAIK).

  TEMPORARY WORKAROUND TO LOGIN AGAIN:
  Click on the guest session
  Once the guest session is started log out
  This takes you back to the lightdm session screen you can then login to your
user session and it be in the same state

  ProblemType: BugDistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
  Package: unity 7.2.0+14.04.20140409-0ubuntu1 [origin: unknown]
  CompizPlugins: No value set for
`/apps/compiz-1/general/screen0/options/active_plugins'
  CrashDB: unity
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Thu Apr 10 09:39:45 2014
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal" - Beta amd64
(20121007)SourcePackage: unity
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2013-05-07 (338 days ago)