Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  Multiple copies of a job will be concatenated

Status in “cups” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: cups

  If I select multiple copies in the evince print dialog, the copies
  will be concatenated. You will only notice if there is some kind of
  post processing of the pages, for example Duplex. The first page of
  the second copy may end up on the back side of the last page of the
  first copy. Booklet printing or saddle stich also lead to very absurd
  results. (All copies stiched together)

  Either I misunderstand the purpose of the option to print multiple
  copies, or there is something wrong in the filter chain.

  Lpstat:
   Gerät für MP800: usb://Canon/MP800
   Gerät für VERA: socket://131.130.x.x:9100
  MachineType: - N/A
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  Package: cups 1.3.9-17ubuntu3
  Papersize: a4
  PpdFiles:
   MP800: Canon PIXMA MP830 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.3 Simplified
   VERA: Canon iR 3170C EUR
  ProcCmdLine: root=UUID=423f8f68-484f-4773-94bf-da17f38c0dac ro splash
vga=0x369
   LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=de_AT.UTF-8
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.28-11.42-generic
  SourcePackage: cups