** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 1357090
   Black screen on resume Xubuntu 14.04.1 #1303736 NOT fixed
   [SRU] Black screen after wakeup from suspending by closing the laptop lid

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Blank screen after resume if lid closed

Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu:

  I have a Lenovo G570 laptop (Intel Sandy Bridge graphics). If I
  suspend via the user interface, then resume by pressing the power
  button, everything works. However, when closing the lid to suspend, I
  observe the following sequence:

  1. Close lid, wait a few seconds for suspend.
  2. Open lid. Laptop starts up, light-locker screen is visible.
  3. Type password into light-locker, hit enter.
  4. Screen goes blank. It is totally black i.e. it seems that the backlight is
off.

  Moving the mouse, pressing keys or trying to change the brightness
  with the keyboard shortcut does not bring back the display. I can get
  a console by C-A-F1 and then restart lightdm to get a working display
  again.

  Package: xorg 1:7.7+1ubuntu8
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE