Probably duplicate of bug 1236951.

Packages, which is subscribed to texlive-base in Ubuntu.

  package texlive-base 2013.20140215-1 failed to install/upgrade: trying
  to overwrite  /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf , which is also in
  package tex-common 2.10

Status in “texlive-base” package in Ubuntu:

  This bug happened after upgrading to Ubuntu 14.04.

  After upgrading there were some broken package dependencies here. Some
affected texlive, probably they could have caused it.
  I have resolved those broken dependency issues, but I don't know yet, if that
has fixed the issue for me.

  If you are also affected, please have a look for broken package
  dependencies and leave a comment here.

  We will see, if the issue reappears, but currently I am still fighting
  with the proprietary NVIDIA graphics card driver :-( , so I will have
  a look at this later.

  ProblemType: Package
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
  Package: texlive-base 2013.20140215-1
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-24-generic i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Sat Apr 26 16:49:16 2014
  DuplicateSignature: package:texlive-base:2013.20140215-1:trying to overwrite
'/usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf', which is also in package tex-common 2.10
  ErrorMessage: trying to overwrite '/usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf', which
is also in package tex-common 2.10
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386
(20120423)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: texlive-base
  Title: package texlive-base 2013.20140215-1 failed to install/upgrade: trying
to overwrite '/usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf', which is also in package
tex-common 2.10
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2014-04-26 (0 days ago)