** Also affects: thunderbird (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  Parts of Text disappear in Firefox and Thunderbird Editors /Text Areas

Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “thunderbird” package in Ubuntu:

  System info:
  Firefox 28
  Thunderbird 24.4.0
  Ubuntu 13.10 64 bit

  When I edit text in Firefox or Thunderbird,  parts of this text
  (usually entire rows above the cursor) seem to disappear while I type.

  This happens e.g. when I edit an email message inThunderbird, or edit
  a Jira comment or a Wikipedia page in Firefox.

  Sometimes the 'opposite' happens, i.e. a row is copied, so it is shown
  twice.

  The text is not really gone; I can restore it by selecting it (e.g.
  with Ctrl-a). I.e. only the text display is affected.

  The behavior is not quite reproducible. It does happen frequently, but
  I can't reproduce it exactly by typing the same text again.

  I had never observed this behavior before the latest Firefox upgrade.