** Description changed:

  I'm not fluent in English but I'll try my best to describe.

  I'm using Xubuntu 14.04, and recently came upon this issue using text
  editors in xterm. Sometimes the the width of Chinese full-width comma
  ',' is not correctly displayed(shortened), resulting in charaters
  'overlapping'.

  See the 'overlapping' effect at:
  http://i.imgur.com/G0Qxi40.png

  See the shortened full width comma at:
  http://i.imgur.com/Tf2k92W.png
  Note that the first line shows 'shortened' full-width comma, second and third
line show the normal full-width comma.

  Step to reproduce in Xubuntu 14.04:

  1. Make sure you have these packages installed:
       'xterm', 'nano', 'fonts-wqy-zenhei';

  2. Create/modify ~/.Xresources with the following contents:

  ! ========= start of .Xresources ========= !
  !mouse selecting to copy, ctrl-v to paste
  XTerm*VT100.Translations: #override \
  Ctrl <KeyPress> V: insert-selection(CLIPBOARD,PRIMARY,CUT_BUFFER0) \n\
  <BtnUp>: select-end(CLIPBOARD,PRIMARY,CUT_BUFFER0) \n\

  XTerm*utf8Title:true
  XTerm*cjkWidth:false
  XTerm*faceName:Dejavu Sans Mono:pixelsize=12
  XTerm*faceNameDoublesize:WenQuanYi Zen Hei Mono:pixelsize=13
  ! ========= end of .Xresources ========= !

  3. execute in bash: xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources

  4. Start nano in xterm;

  5. copy the following string(not including quotation mark):
       '您好,几位?'

  6. In nano, press Ctrl-v to paste.( Previously configured in
  ~/.Xresources )

- 7. Press back arrow key 1~3 times to see the effect.
+ 7. Press left arrow key 1~3 times to see the effect.

  Seems that only pasting those characters messes up the display, typing
  them in has no effect.

[...]

+ 4. Copy the following string(not including quotation mark):
+      '您好,几位?'

- 5. copy the following string(not including quotation mark):
-      '您好,几位?'
+ 5. Start nano in xterm;

[...]

+ 4. Copy the following string(not including quotation mark) into clipboard:
       '您好,几位?'

  5. Start nano in xterm;

  6. In nano, press Ctrl-v to paste.( Previously configured in
  ~/.Xresources )

  7. Press left arrow key 1~3 times to see the effect.

  Seems that only pasting those characters messes up the display, typing
  them in has no effect.

Packages, which is subscribed to xterm in Ubuntu.

  XTerm CJK punctuation width not correct.

Status in “xterm” package in Ubuntu: