** Also affects: unity (Ubuntu Trusty)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  lockscreen - wallpaper is not properly resized when unplugging
  monitors

Status in Unity:
  Fix Released
Status in Unity 7.2 series:
  In Progress
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity” source package in Trusty:

  [Impact]
  Wallpapers have an invalid aspect ratio in the lockscreen, when
attaching/detaching monitors, while the screen is locked

  I attached photos taken of the same screen with and without aritfacts
  (same size, though the dots have different spacing). Wallpaper used is
  from the current default selection.

  [Test case]
  - Have 2 monitors/displays with different resolutions setup on your trusty
installation. (In my case: Primary 1600x900 laptop screen and secondary
1920x1080 external monitor.)
  - Lock the screen via shortcut.
  - Remove one monitor. (In my case: Remove the external one.)
  - Result: The display setup change is detected and the wallpaper on the
remaining screen
    is properly resized to respect the new aspect ratio.

  [Regression potential]
  None