Thanks Krisztian Pinter for working on this and it seems to be moving in
the right direction, though i noticed a few issues i wanted to bring to
your attention, encase you weren't aware of it.

1) major: the popup element only appears downwards, so if you are in a
toolbar that appears at the bottom of the screen (eg. table toolbar),
then you wont be able to do anything with the popup other than clicking
the 'no fill' button.

2) medium: with the palette drop down open, the up and down keys dont
work and instead move the cursor in the document.

3) medium: when the popup appears, the color palette color area expands,
which causes the recent colors area to be shrunk, which causes the
recent colors scrollbar buttons to overlap and the recent colors list to
be less visible and less easy to click, as they are about ~10px in
height.

4) low: in the color picker, if the color is set to ffffff or 000000 and
you click on the vertical color spectrum more than once, it wont refresh
the color gradient area.

5) low: i think a scrollbar for the palette color list would be
suitable, as presently there isnt any indication that their are more
colors in the list than what is currently being seen. And if i select a
color at the bottom of the scrolled list, when i reopen the popup, it
wont show it selected.

6) lowest: the palette drop down is filled with .soc filenames rather
than title case palette names.

4) enhancement: i like the color picker, as it resembles the color
picker found in photoshop and it would be great if it would also allowed
to grab colors from the document, as a user might want a color found in
an inserted image.

6) enhancement: i think it would visually easier to understand if both
automatic/no fill and color picker were shown as buttons, rather than
appearing as buttons when you mouse over them. i also think that placing
the color picker next to automatic/no fill is a good idea as there is
alot of empty/wasted space having those buttons take up the full width
of the popup, and it also brings more attention to the color picker
tool, as i missed it the first time i opened up the drop down.

7) enhancement: with the color picker button moved from its location,
that location can be taken up by a text label of the currently selected
color, along with its hex equivalent, similar to the old color drop
down.

Keep up the great work and if you need any more testing/feedback, dont
hesitate to contact me.

  Changing font colour to custom RGB value is hard

Status in LibreOffice Productivity Suite:
  Fix Released
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  From upstream bug:
  After many years using LibreOffice/OOo I found out today for the first time
how
  to set font colour to a custom RGB colour.

  To do this, you need to add a new colour to the palette, via Tools->Options,
  Colour.

  Then in that dialog, the workflow is kind of unintuitive. I clicked on the
  "Add" button to add a new colour, which was the wrong thing to do - apparently
  I needed to change the name of the active colour first - then when I clicked
  "Modify", and set the new RGB colour, then clicked "OK", the colour wasn't
  saved - I had to click "Modify" first.

  I was expecting to see this in the toolbar in the colour drop-down - perhaps a
  "Custom" button at the bottom of drop-down? Or right-click->Modify in the
  palette colours? Or even in "Format->Character". But this definitely seems
like
  a context change, rather than a global setting/option.