Bug still present in 14.04. All packages that provide myspell-
dictionary, aspell-dictionary, ispell-dictionary or hunspell-dictionary
should have "Multi-Arch: foreign" mark or you can't install
libenchant1c2a:i386 on your *Ubuntu amd64.

Packages, which is subscribed to aspell-en in Ubuntu.

  should be "Multi-Arch: foreign" to satisfy deps when installing a
  foreign architecture pkg

Status in “aspell-en” package in Ubuntu:

  I wanted to install coq:armel on Ubuntu 12.04 armhf system
  (https://answers.launchpad.net/ac100/+question/218291 ), it depended
  transitively on libenchant1c2a:armel, but aspell-en was an obstacle
  (although I have it installed in my armhf system):

  # apt-get install libenchant1c2a:armel
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree
  Reading state information... Done
  or been moved out of Incoming.

   libenchant1c2a:armel : Depends: aspell-en:armel but it is not installable or
                                   myspell-dictionary:armel but it is not
installable or
                                   aspell-dictionary:armel but it is not
installable or
                                   ispell-dictionary:armel or
                                   hunspell-dictionary:armel but it is not
installable
  #

  Can't the aspell-en package be labelled "Multi-Arch: foreign" to
  satisfy deps when installing a foreign architecture pkg?

  (A workaround could be editing /var/lib/dpkg/{status,available} and
  /var/lib/apt/Packages*, like described in
  http://unix.stackexchange.com/a/60287/4319 for emacsen-common.)