Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: lightdm (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Cannot log back in after switching user account

Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:

  If I click 'Switch User Account...' in Unity's menu at the top of the
  screen, I am taken to the LightDM login screen. When I type in my
  password and press Enter, instead of returning me to my Unity session,
  the password text field on the login screen disappears. Nothing I can
  type or click will return me to my Unity session.

  If I press Ctrl+Alt+F8 I am taken to the 'Lock Screen' password prompt
  and can log back in to my session, but after doing this my network
  connection is inactive, and my only option is to reboot to restore it.

  Package: lightdm 0.9.7-0ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64