I guess this is something that would affect also other VP
implementations (such as cube), so I think it's better to do this at
core level (if applicable).

I'm ok with the setting, so we could even enable it by default,
eventually.

** Also affects: compiz

** Changed in: unity

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: compiz

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu Precise)

** Changed in: compiz
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Dariusz Gadomski (dgadomski)

** Changed in: compiz

** No longer affects: unity (Ubuntu Precise)

** No longer affects: unity (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Always Visible and On Top Windows Steal Focus on Workspace Switch

Status in Ayatana Design:
  New
Status in Compiz:
  Triaged
Status in Unity:
  Won't Fix
Status in Xubuntu:

  1. Open any application (e.g. TextEditor)
  2. Right click the title bar
   2a. Select "Always on Visible Workspace"
  3. Right click the title bar
   3a. Select "Always on Top"
  4. Open a different application (e.g. Terminal)
  5. Ensure that window has focus
  6. Switch workspaces (Notice: the first application now has focus)
  7. Return to first workspace (Notice: the second application does not regain
focus)

  Expected:

  The initial application should not have ever regained focus, and
  certainly the second application should have it when returning to that
  workspace.

  antarus@mach ~ $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:        12.04

  antarus@mach ~ $ apt-cache policy unity