Created attachment 107979
noise example

In glxgears on some frames appears color noise, and it disappears or changes on
next frame.
Noise appears at some frames in glxgears, and it disappears or on next frame.
Same style noise may appear (shuffled pixels) while scrolling in Firefox or
switching tabs.

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  System hangs after some time with nouveau and GT240

Status in Accelerated Xorg driver for nVidia cards:
  Confirmed
Status in “xserver-xorg-video-nouveau” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “xserver-xorg-video-nouveau” package in Fedora:
  Unknown

Bug description:
  With the Nouveau driver I get random system hangs in the Live CD - any
  version since it was switched to nouveau up until today's daily
  images. It happens after half an hour to a couple of hours usage and
  affects installed systems as well, until they are switched to the
  proprietary driver.

  This is a well known bug in other trackers but I can't see it anywhere
  on Launchpad, so I'm reporting it and will add bug watches.

  Package: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau 1:1.0.8-0ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-4.9-generic 3.11.0-rc7
  CasperVersion: 1.336