An easy way to reproduce this (works for me at least):

Install "stallboard" app from the store, run it, play a couple of sounds
and then close it (swipe up/down in the window list) => media-hub-server
starts spinning. This doesn't involve a unity8 crash, so not 100% sure
it's the same problem described in this bug, but it sure seems related.

Packages, which is subscribed to dbus-cpp in Ubuntu.

  [TOPBLOCKER] Apps and services use large amount of CPU after unity8
  resets

Status in Media Hub:
  Triaged
Status in “dbus-cpp” package in Ubuntu:

  I noticed that media-hub-service can get into a state where it uses a
  large amount of CPU.

  Steps to reproduce
  1) Start music-app
  2) Play music
  3) Pause music
  4) Close the music-app
  5) $ pkill unity8 (to emulate unity crashing a resetting)

  Notice that media-hub-service is now using a large amount of CPU, note
  this [0] is the media-hub.log at the time.

  The device has to be reset to get the CPU usage back to normal.

  0 - http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/8553411/