Public bug reported:

Hi,
after a fresh install of Ubuntu 14.10, ( and repositories proposed, and
backports enabled )  , and a full update, it's impossible to use/type/write
accented letters in Asturian languages. I've tested in other languages and this
issue is not present.

If user choose Asturian language, and Asturian keyboard, it's impossible
to type á,é,í,ó,ú, ü, ñ.

Steps to reproduce it:
1- Change language to Asturian
2- Change keyboard (Launcher-->System settings-->Text entry-->Asturian (Spain,
with bottom-dot H and bottom-dot L).
3- Add it.
4- In the top panel, clic and select the text entry: Asturian
5- Open a .txt file, and try to type á,é,í, ó,ú, ü,ñ  (it will doesn't work)

(if language system is another one, all keyboards works. If we choose
Asturian, no one keyboard works, and is not possible to use accents)

I thought this bug was related to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/1330041  but we think they are
different issues. Anyway, this bug has high importance for Asturian
users, because they can't write a document, search in browser or write
an email properly.

More information:
lsb_release -rd
Release:        14.10

Package: unity 7.3.1+14.10.20141016-0ubuntu1
CompizPlugins: No value set for
`/apps/compiz-1/general/screen0/options/active_plugins'
CurrentDesktop: Unity
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.10 "Utopic Unicorn" - Release amd64 (20141022.1)
SourcePackage: unity

** Affects: unity (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug utopic

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  can't type accented letters in ubuntu 14.10 [ast]

Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu: