Neat, I played with this a bit but didn't get that far, happy to leave
the work to you. :)

I guess there are a few issues here - here are my thoughts on them.

  - Seems to hard depend on grilo's tracker plugin. I removed the package 
dependency and it didn't work very well; couldn't add local media. I think it 
might be *good* to use the rest of the plugins, but as we've been shying away 
from tracker, this part ought to still be optional for us.
  - Haven't seen this myself because my system is trackerified, but we'll need 
to think about the initial UI in that case. grl-filesystem? too slow? Is there 
an 'empty' UI which helps you add local media using a file chooser?
  - Would probably be good to add traditional menus back, like Evince has done.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1393067

Title:
  totem 3.14

Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
  New
Status in “totem” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Totem as of 3.12 has an entirely new UI based heavily on GNOME3 HIG.
  We would like to ship this for Ubuntu GNOME, however I suspect that
  Ubuntu and the other flavours that ship totem, probably won't want
  these changes. If that is the case, then we might need to fork the
  packaging and upload a new source package totem3 or something.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-gnome/+bug/1393067/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to