I reinstalled ubuntu and the same thing is happening. After some browsing on
you tube sound is not working anymore and some streaming bargraphs (soundcloud
ie) are going twice faster than normal and still no sound.
This bug doesn't seem to affect "Mixxx" which is a DJing software. Sound still
works with this.
Altough I had this message when starting Mixxx:

> Carte son occupée
Sound card busy
> Mixxx n'a pas pu accéder à tous les périphériques audio configurés. Un des
> périphériques est peut-être utilisé par une autre
> application ou débranché.
> Réessayer après avoir fermé l'autre application ou avoir reconnecté le
> périphérique de son
> Reconfigurer les options audio de Mixxx.
> Trouver de l'aide sur le Wiki Mixxx.
> Quitter Mixxx.

But the software still play sounds. Not anything else.

Thank you for your help

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  [HDA-Intel - HDA Intel, playback] No sound at all and streaming going
  hi speed

Status in “pulseaudio” package in Ubuntu:

  No sound output when browsing on soundcloud, you tube, rythmbox either.
Streaming bars seem to go too fast compared to usual.
  Have played with Ardour and Jack Keyboard before it happens (not sure it is
related) but it happened when watching a video on you tube

  Package: pulseaudio 1:4.0-0ubuntu11
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-39.66-generic 3.13.11.8
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-39-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.5
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  stephane   1424 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  stephane   1424 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Sat Nov  1 10:39:35 2014
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=fr_FR
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: pulseaudio
  Symptom: audio
  Symptom_AlsaPlaybackTest: ALSA playback test through plughw:Intel successful
  Symptom_Card: RV710/730 HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 4000 series] - HDA ATI HDMI
  Symptom_DevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  stephane   1424 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  stephane   1424 F.... pulseaudio
  Symptom_PulsePlaybackTest: PulseAudio playback test failed
  Symptom_Type: No sound at all
  Title: [HDA-Intel - HDA Intel, playback] No sound at all
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2014-10-05 (26 days ago)
  dmi.bios.date: 05/21/2009
  dmi.bios.vendor: Phoenix Technologies LTD
  dmi.bios.version: V1.05
  dmi.board.name: JM70
  dmi.board.vendor: Acer
  dmi.board.version: Rev
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Acer
  dmi.chassis.version: N/A
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnPhoenixTechnologiesLTD:bvrV1.05:bd05/21/2009:svnAcer:pnAspire7735:pvr0100:rvnAcer:rnJM70:rvrRev:cvnAcer:ct10:cvrN/A:
  dmi.product.name: Aspire 7735
  dmi.product.version: 0100
  dmi.sys.vendor: Acer