On 10/15/2011 08:48 PM, Sergey Slizovskiy wrote:
> I have an opposite but related problem with 11.10 Unity  (that was NOT
> present in 11.4 Gnome 2) :  when I close the lid with external monitor
> connected - the laptop does NOT go to sleep  as I set in the settings!
> Shall I separate it in the separate bug report?

Hi, Feel free to file a new bug as I think it was introduced after gnome
was completely removed from latest release of Ubuntu.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-power-manager in Ubuntu.

  [Regression] Closing laptop lid should not blank external monitor

Status in Gnome Powermanager:
  New
Status in One Hundred Paper Cuts:
  Fix Committed
Status in “gnome-power-manager” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “gnome-power-manager” source package in Natty:

  In Power Management Preferences, I noticed that there is no longer a
  "Do Nothing" option for "When laptop lid is closed". This is very
  inconvenient since I like to keep the lid closed and use an external
  monitor. Obviously "suspend", "hibernate", and "shutdown" are bad.
  "Blank screen" blanks BOTH screens, not just the laptop screen.

  I seem to recall a "Do Nothing" option in earlier versions. Either
  that or the "Blank screen" option only blanked the laptop internal
  screen.

  Thanks!