On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 01:24:12PM -0000, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> Which version of Ubuntu and of system-config-printer are you using? I
> have checked and both the versions of system-config-printer currently
> used by Utopic (14.10) and Vivid (15.04) depend on gir1.2-gtk-3.0.

Trusty (14.04)

> Is it possible that when you installed gir1.2-gtk-3.0 that an older
> version of gir1.2-gtk-3.0 got replaced by a newer one? If yes, which was
> your old version and which the new version of gir1.2-gtk-3.0?

I had no old version installed; I just installed it in an effort to
get system-config-printer working. The currently-installed version
is 3.10.8-0ubuntu1.2

--
Siep Kroonenberg

Packages, which is subscribed to system-config-printer in Ubuntu.

  Missing dependency on gir1.2-gtk-3.0

Status in system-config-printer package in Ubuntu:

  When trying to start system-config-printer from the command-line, I
  get an error

  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py", line 32,
in <module>
      from gi.repository import Gdk
  ImportError: cannot import name Gdk

  After installing gir1.2-gtk-3.0 the error disappears.