Ah, thanks. I'll add a polkit-kde-1 dependency to jockey-kde.

** Package changed: polkit-kde-1 (Ubuntu) => jockey (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: jockey (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: jockey (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to jockey in Ubuntu.

  jockey-kde tries to install driver as user

Status in “jockey” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  After installing "kubuntu-desktop" having installed the GNOME-based
  Ubuntu Oneiric, I found the Jockey restricted driver installer by
  searching in the K menu. It showed me the choice of ATI restricted
  drivers, but when I clicked "Activate", it told me I did not have the
  privileges necessary to perform the action, i.e. it had not invoked
  sudo (or its equivalent) and was trying to install the driver as me,
  rather than as root.