nvidia-331 are causing a lot of issues. There are some some fixes
scheduled in the next weeks.

** Also affects: unity (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: nvidia-331

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Screen is stretched when using dual monitors

Status in Unity:
  Confirmed
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:

  When I'm in dual monitor mode (not mirrored mode; mirrored mode works
  100% fine), the applications are stretched, and my mouse clicks don't
  line up with the applications. See the attached image. Notice the
  highlighted text in the webpage near the middle of the two screens. My
  mouse was where the red dot was when I made that highlight. (The mouse
  doesn't show up in screenshots I guess.)

  I was supposed to have the application menu bar on both screens, but
  it and the menus only show up on the right screen. They work fine
  relatively, though sometimes as dropdown menus close they momentarily
  visibly stretch like the applications are.

  ----
  System information:
  I was running Ubuntu 14.04 with the nvidia-331 drivers, dual monitor mode was
working great, but then in the last few weeks it started acting up like this
often. Probably related to some recent updates I guess. Logging out and back in
would sometimes fix it. I decided to do a full reinstall to 14.10, but now the
issue always happens.

  The login screen and gnome-shell both work fine with dual monitor
  mode. (I'll boot up my computer, see the login screen on my left
  monitor with the background going to the right monitor exactly as it
  should, I'll log in with Unity selected, and then it suddenly decides
  to stretch everything ridiculously until I switch to single or
  mirrored monitor mode.)

  I do not get this specific issue when I use the default nouvea driver,
  but I do get tons of graphical artifacting and the screen freezes
  eventually when I'm in dual or mirrored monitor mode (single works
  fine), so that's not an option for me.

  I'm currently using the nvidia-331 version 331.113-0ubuntu0.1 package.
  I've tried downgrading to nvidia-331 version 331.89-0ubuntu5, and
  adding the xorg-edgers PPA and upgrading to nvidia-346, but the exact
  issue persisted.