Ok, I'm think the best place to fix this is in unity-lens-applications. We
don't need design feedback to do that.
I'll add that to my todo list, if you want to contribute let me know.

** Also affects: unity-lens-applications

** Changed in: unity-lens-applications

** Changed in: unity

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

** No longer affects: ayatana-design

** Tags removed: needs-design

** Changed in: unity-lens-applications

** Changed in: unity

** Changed in: unity

** Changed in: unity-lens-applications

** Changed in: unity-lens-applications
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Andrea Azzarone (andyrock)

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Andrea Azzarone (andyrock)

** Changed in: unity
    Milestone: None => 7.3.2

** Changed in: unity
    Milestone: 7.3.2 => 7.3.1

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Unity Dash can't understand "logout", "reboot", or "shutdown"

Status in Unity:
  Triaged
Status in Unity Applications Lens:
  Triaged
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:

  This bug proposes the additional surfacing of power-management and
  session actions directly within the Dash:

    - Reboot ("restart" is another good alias for this)
    - Shutdown (other intuitive aliases: "shut down", "turn off")
    - logout (aliases: "log out", "log off" and "logoff")
    - Suspend/hibernate
    - Lock
    - Switch User

  Currently these user-initiates actions are presented via the Devices
  (cog/gear-icon-menu), and can be accessed via the keyboard using
  either:

    1. [Alt]+[F10] [Left] [Up/Down] [Enter]
    2. [Alt] "Shutdown"/"Log out" [Up/Down] [Enter]
    3. [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del] [Enter]  ("Log off" only)
    4. [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[t] "sudo reboot" [Enter]

  (Note that "Restart"/"Reboot" can be access directly via these
  methods).

  These methods are less likely to be found by the user than surfacing these
actions additionally within the Dash.  This would help in cases were a
mouse/point is no longer available, such as "mouse-cursor did not appear after
logging in to the Unity Desktop"
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/1403287

  This would also assist with "ctrl-alt-delete doesn't provide a reboot option"
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/1403289

  It is proposed by surfacing these options in the Unity Dash, that
  finding the actions would be more intuitive, and would make the Dash
  feel more complete as the defacto first-point-of-call for user
  initiated actions.

  Implementation possibilities:

    1. Hard-code special-case actions into the Dash (requires Design review,
code and ship acceptance)
    2. Implement as Dash plugin (requires code and ship acceptance)
    3. Install additional .desktop listing the Name, Icon and Aliases in
/usr/share/applications/*.desktop (can be provided by a separate optional
package, only requires ship acceptance)

  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
  Package: unity 7.2.3+14.04.20140826-0ubuntu1