Ubuntu 11.10 ... still there ...

Packages, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.

  other users don't have access to .gvfs

Status in GVFS:
  New
Status in “gvfs” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “gvfs” package in ALT Linux:

  Binary package hint: gvfs

  I tried to copy the contents of my home-folder using "sudo cp -a", and I got
  cp: cannot stat '/home/user/.gvfs': Permission denied

  This can be reproduced whenever /home/user/.gvfs is mounted according
  to /etc/mtab. Not only does "cp" yield an error, but also "ls" and
  "cd":

  $ whoami
  user
  $ ls -dl /home/user/.gvfs
  dr-x------ 2 user user 0 2008-05-01 19:55 /home/user/.gvfs
  $ sudo -s
  $ whoami
  root
  $ cd /home/user/.gvfs
  bash: cd: /home/user/.gvfs: Permission denied
  $ ls -dl /home/user/.gvfs
  ls: canot access /home/user/.gvfs: Permission denied
  $ umount /home/user/.gvfs
  $ ls -dl /home/user/.gvfs
  drwx------ 2 wg wg 4096 2008-04-25 23:12 /home/user/.gvfs
  $ cd /home/user/.gvfs
  $ pwd
  /home/user/.gvfs

  Ubuntu Version: 8.04
  gvfs Version: 0.2.3-0ubuntu4
  Expected Behaviour: well, grant access to the superuser whenever he tries to
access ~/.gvfs

  This bug might be related to
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gvfs/+bug/212789