This Bug is reproducible even with an empty spreadsheet.

What to do to reproduce: Open LobreOffice Calc, Create new spreadsheet.
In the bottom subsheets-tabs bar, drag and drop the "Sheet1"-Tab between
"Sheet2" and "Sheet3" (sort).

What happens: LO dies silently.

What should happen: LO should not die. The new order of the sub-
spreadsheets should read "Sheet2", "Sheet1", "Sheet3".

  Libreoffice Calc crashes when sorting spreadsheet tabs

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  When I tried sorting some subsheets of a spreadsheet I was working on,
  LO crashed hard (disappeared) without any error message. The crash was
  not even noticed by KDE's crash detection.

  Package: libreoffice-kde 1:3.4.3-3ubuntu2
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-12-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Mon Oct 17 10:25:30 2011