@qu9542 Thanks for the comment, I desperately hope for a solution, otherwise I
will have to change to another file browser. Not sure if this works for me as
the default-folder-viewer is already set to "list-view", but it does not save
the items view per folder. Does it save the items view (icon or list) in your
nautilus?
On my system it only shows the list view by default, but would not save the
last view per folder. I don't want to have it always in the list view, some
folders, e.g. pictures are nicer to view in the icon view. And when I switch
from a picture folder to another folder in the same tab, I would like to have
the list view for other folders, not the persisting icon view.
But maybe this behaviour happens on your system what would be nice, but I can
not reproduce it.

  Nautilus doesn't save items view

Status in Nautilus:
  New
Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  Nautilus "Files" doesn't save items view style (List or Icons view)
  after closing window and opening it again. Previous Nautilus release
  does it.

  The following screencast shows the bug “in action”:
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdrsO5Kwtlg&feature=youtu.be

  Package: nautilus 1:3.10.1-0ubuntu8
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Fri Mar 21 17:06:24 2014
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/nautilus
  GsettingsChanges: b'org.gnome.nautilus.list-view' b'default-column-order'
b"['name', 'size', 'type', 'date_modified', 'date_accessed', 'owner', 'group',
'permissions', 'mime_type', 'where']"
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Alpha amd64 (20140317)
  SourcePackage: nautilus