I have installed "ibus-gtk"
sudo apt-get install ibus-gtk

But the problem is still there. For example, if you copy and paste
something till you don't save or change the window focus, the mouse
pointer flickers.

Ubuntu 14.10
3.16.0-28-generic x86_64

Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu.

  gedit hides mouse pointer when there is selected text

Status in gedit package in Ubuntu:

  I'm not sure if this bug applies to other apps, but I could only make it
happen in gedit.
  To reproduce in 14.10beta2:
  1. open gedit
  2. type some text
  3. select some text with keyboard (i.e. shift + arrow keys)
  4. move the mouse pointer above gedit window

  Result: the pointer is flickering or disappearing completely

  Package: gedit 3.10.4-0ubuntu5
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Wed Oct  1 15:51:44 2014
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.10 "Utopic Unicorn" - Alpha amd64 (20140923)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_US
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>