some note of my side.

Problem started when i tried to connect to a Samba4 machine (ubuntu 14.04.1)
from a 12.04. I had the password loop on the 14.04. to try and reach the 12.04
(samba 3.6.3-2).
So I thought, I update the 12.04 with samba4. Now I have the password loop on
that machine aswell. Keeps on asking for a password.

Uninstalled and purged samba. Reinstalled samba 3.6.3-2 , all to no avail.
Now I dont have samba installed, and trying to reach a network share from
"Connect to Server" it still doesnot accept my password.

Looking at the samba.cfg file on the nas, running Alt-F
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/alt-f) i only find a file where the
shares are defined.

Desperate to solve this VERY annoying problem.

Packages, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.

  Gvfs keeps asking for password when trying to mount Samba share

Status in GVFS:
  New
Status in gvfs package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: nautilus

  My Ubuntu Desktop (9.10, 64-bit) VM can't connect to my Windows 7
  (64-bit, Ultimate) File Share using Nautilus. I enter
  "smb://<comuterName>" in the address bar and then it comes up with a
  password dialog (see screenshot) and then after entering the correct
  login info, the dialog disappears for a second or two but then
  reappears again. The dialog always comes back up and the share is
  never mounted.

      * Connecting from an XP box on the network to the windows 7 share works
just fine.
      * Connecting from the Ubuntu machine to the windows 7 share using the
appropriate 'smbmount' command works just fine.
      * Connecting from the Ubuntu machine (using the nautilus GUI) to the XP
box (password protected) works just fine.
      * Then I turned off password protection in Win7, rebooted the win7
machine, and still all of the above tests turned out the same. And the Ubuntu
machine still doesn't connect to the windows share using the nautilus GUI, and
still displays the password dialog even though no password is required anymore.
      * I tried using smbclient to view the shares, here is the output (not
sure if I should be trying something else using the smbclient program):
            o eddie@eddie-ubuntu:~$ smbclient -L eddie-win7
              Enter eddie's password:
              session setup failed: SUCCESS - 0