*** Bug 1106261 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

  Locally saved webpages not displaying correctly

Status in The Mozilla Firefox Browser:
  Confirmed
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  WORKAROUND:
  Firefox Scrapbook Addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/427

  Firefox Information:   Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US;
  rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032711 Ubuntu/8.04 (hardy) Firefox/3.0.8

  Web pages that have been saved locally are not displaying correctly.
  To see this problem run the following steps:

  1). Go to the jwebunit website ( http://jwebunit.sourceforge.net/ ).
  Suggesting saving a page from this website as a test since this
  provided a very good example of the problem.

  2). Right click on the main web page and select "Save As..."

  3). Save the web page somewhere on the local drive.  On Ubuntu there
  is an option in the save dialog specifying how to save the web page.
  Make sure that "Web page, complete" is selected.

  4). Navigate to the location where the web page was stored and attempt
  to load the saved page back into firefox

  At this point the web page that is loaded from the hard disk should
  display very differently than the real web page.  Styles and elements
  of the original web page should be missing.  I also tested this same
  process on Windows XP SP2 (using firefox 3.0.8) and I see the exact
  same behavior.  This seems to eliminate the problem being caused by
  local browser settings (since I see the same thing under Windows and
  Linux on two separate machines with totally different preferences).
  Furthermore I was able to run steps 1 - 4 using Opera 9.64 and this
  produces a saved web page that displays identically to the web page
  navigated to on the internet.

  ...Additionally I just tried loading the webpage saved locally using
  opera and this loads into firefox correctly.  So the problem appears
  to be with the actual web page save using firefox and not the fact
  that the page is saved locally.

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386