How I did in 14.04:
Stopped Bluetooth with the top right applet
sudo service bluetooth stop
removed PRETTY_HOSTNAME from within /etc/machine-info
set the NaMe-I-wAnT both in
/etc/bluetooth/main.conf (replaced %h-%d with NaMe-I-wAnT)
and in /var/lib/bluetooth/[MAC-ADDR]/config (name NaMe-I-wAnT)
sudo service bluetooth start

Yeay
reboot to check persistence
Yeeeaaayyy

(PS : btw I also have
rfkill block bluetooth
just before the ending exit 0 line in /etc/rc.local
 to prevent BT coming UP on boot)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-control-center in Ubuntu.

  There is no way to change the bluetooth system name from the standard
  GUI

Status in Unity Control Center:
  Invalid
Status in unity-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  The built-in bluetooth adapter of my laptop (running 14.04 Trusty
  Tahr, upgraded from 13.10 Saucy Salamander) appears with the default
  name "ubuntu-0". I could not find a way to change this name through
  the GUI tools (eg. System Settings->Bluetooth Settings or System
  Settings->Details->Overview->Device name)).  This seems to be related
  to https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/989817 and
  probably caused by
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/644198 as my
  hostname is properly configured.

  The explanation of the source of the problem in
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/989817/comments/12
  seems to match the situation and so appears to be correct. The "Device
  name" in System Settings->Details->Overview is the proper hostname,
  and it is also greyed-out, so I can't make any modifications there.
  Unfortunately, short of editing manually
  /var/lib/bluetooth/[$ADDR]/config or creating /etc/machine-info I
  couldn't find a way to solve the problem. /etc/bluetooth/main.conf
  contains the default "Name = %h-%d".

  I'm not completely sure how this could be solved - either there should
  be a way to set the name through "System Settings"  if it has been
  stored already in /var/lib/bluetooth/[$ADDR]/config or ubiquity
  package should replace "ubuntu-0" with the hostname during the post-
  installation phase, after a proper hostname has been configured.

  Please, feel free to reassign this bug to one of the other packages if
  you think that it should be solved there.

  Package: unity-control-center 14.04.3+14.04.20140410-0ubuntu1
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Thu Apr 17 11:23:21 2014
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/unity-control-center
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Release amd64
(20131016.1)
  SourcePackage: unity-control-center
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2014-04-03 (13 days ago)
  usr_lib_unity-control-center:
   activity-log-manager 0.9.7-0ubuntu13
   deja-dup             30.0-0ubuntu4
   gnome-control-center 1:3.6.3-0ubuntu56