Hi guys, I am sending this because I have just installed a new kernal
and the problem continues. I do not think it is having any impact on my
ststem other than nuisance but I cannot be sure. I am following the bug
reports and you guys need to know that for people without to much
technical ability the brief do this do that is over our heads. What is
needed is a release that will automatically install in update manager. I
fully understand if a workaround is required to keep the system up this
is a different situation. Does anyone know when a release to fix the
nvidia problem will be made as looking at the various emails it seems
you are getting close to a fix? In any event your help is appreciated.
thank you

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-331 in Ubuntu.

  nvidia-331-updates 331.38-0ubuntu3: nvidia-331-updates kernel module
  failed to build, with only error: "objdump: '... .tmp_nv.o': No such
  file"

Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-331 package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-331-updates package in Ubuntu:

  Nvidia kernel module failed to build on kernel 3.13.0-2
  Yesterday when the new kernel was pushed, the dkms process failed.

  ProblemType: Package
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
  Package: nvidia-331-updates 331.20-0ubuntu9
  DKMSKernelVersion: 3.13.0-2-generic
  Date: Sun Jan 12 01:28:35 2014
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Release amd64
(20131016.1)
  PackageVersion: 331.20-0ubuntu9
  SourcePackage: nvidia-graphics-drivers-331-updates
  Title: nvidia-331-updates 331.20-0ubuntu9: nvidia-331-updates kernel module
failed to build
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2013-12-29 (13 days ago)