Hello everyone. I have the exact same error too on my Acer 8950G with an AMD Radeon HD 6850M. Everything installs without any errors and when I reboot, Ubuntu logs a segmentation fault. I'm willing to help resolve this if possible too, since my laptop has two hard drives.
-- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to fglrx-installer-updates in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1267650 Title: fglrx causes segmentation fault on boot Status in fglrx-installer-updates package in Ubuntu: Confirmed Bug description: With fglrx-updates installed Ubuntu 14.04 freezes while the bootscreen (shiny ubuntu logo). Can't get into TTY and have to turn the computer off with the powerbutton. I'm on Ubuntu 14.04 freshly updated. Graphics card is a Mobility Radeon 5650. To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fglrx-installer-updates/+bug/1267650/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

