[Expired for cups (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  HP Deskjet D1660 prints but no ink on paper!

Status in cups package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  HP Deskjet D1660 moves the paper and the head exactly as if it's
  printing correctly, but there's no ink on the paper.  However it does
  work as expected on Windows, so the hardware is ok.  Reproduced on
  12.04, 14.04, Linux Mint 17 (which is based on 14.04) and even Debian
  7.5.

  I hope to borrow the printer from the owner to capture logs etc and
  investigate in more detail.

  It's strange that I can find no other reports of such behaviour with
  the D1660, though there are other reports of it not working at all and
  subsequent success.  But bug #521429 describes an identical problem
  with the HP F370 printer.