ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.35-28.50-generic 2.6.35.11
Date: Mon Oct 17 20:34:45 2011
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" - Release amd64 (20101007)
ProcEnviron:
 LANGUAGE=ru:ru_RU:en_US:en
 LANG=ru_RU.utf8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: gnome-control-center

** Affects: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug maverick

  Turning off laptop display does not work

Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:

  I am using open-source drivers for my ati card. If I connect an
  external monitor to my laptop (acer aspire 8942g) it connects and I
  can see a clear imagine, but if I try to turn off my laptops display
  via gnome-display-properties the external monitor continues working,
  but my laptops display starts to show my sequently changing colors on
  the full screen like on a display test. Sometimes I start my laptop
  and and the laptop display shows normal sometimes the resolution is
  low and sometimes it again shows these colors (always with my external
  monitor connected). I had ati proprietary drivers installed once and
  everything worked fine and I could turn my laptops display off, but
  not on the open source drivers. Also turning my laptops monitor with
  Fn+F6 does work, but after I press any key on the keyboard it turns on
  again.

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:2.32.0-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.35-28.50-generic 2.6.35.11