it's a duplicate of bug #874949 but since the new one has been triaged
and the other one didn't have extra infos let's duplicate it the other
way around rather

Packages, which is subscribed to seahorse in Ubuntu.

  seahorse takes forever to start up because it's checking signatures
  for all keys in the gpg keyring

Status in Seahorse:
  New
Status in “seahorse” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “seahorse” source package in Oneiric:
  Confirmed
Status in “seahorse” source package in Precise:

  When I try to launch seahorse from the commandline, it takes forever
  to run because it's trying to check signatures on each key in my
  public keyring one by one using commands like this:

  vorlon   25930 24.0  0.0  30892  2024 pts/2    RL   12:55   0:00 gpg
  --use-agent --batch --no-sk-comment --lc-messages en_US.UTF-8 --lc-
  ctype en_US.UTF-8 --status-fd 21 --no-tty --charset utf8 --enable-
  progress-filter --display :0 --ttyname /dev/pts/2 --ttytype xterm
  --with-colons --fixed-list-mode --with-fingerprint --with-fingerprint
  --check-sigs -- 85B99075C2910E41

  This is a completely unacceptable regression that makes seahorse
  unusable for what I actually *want* to use it for.  I have over 1500
  public keys in my local gpg keyring, and I don't need seahorse's help
  with any of them, thankyouverymuch.  What I need is a tool that can be
  used to manage *secret* keys; both the in-memory cache of gpg keys, as
  well as network passwords and the like.  seahorse can no longer be
  used for this because of its unreasonable start-time checks.

  Package: seahorse 3.2.0-0ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Mon Oct 17 12:54:22 2011
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release amd64
(20100816.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: seahorse
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to oneiric on 2011-09-23 (23 days ago)