oh, sorry for the misunderstanding, you should open a new bug rather
than select a ticket and then copy the number there, we will set this
one as duplicate since the new one will have extra infos

  Accessing Appearance menu causes g_simple_async_result_take_error

Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:

  When I access the Appearance menu, the application exits with the
  following message:

  (gnome-control-center:6439): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **:
g_simple_async_result_take_error: assertion `error != NULL' failed
  Segmentation fault

  I've just upgraded this morning from 11.04.

  This occurs whether I open up gnome-control-center and click
  Appearance, or if I access Appearance directly via Dash or the context
  menu on the background.