I had a similar problem with opening cbt-files. Only cbt files in my home 
directory would open, and not cbt files on other drives.
Checking /etc/apparmor.d/abstractions/evince I found the following line under 
supported file formats:

/**.[cC][bB][rRzZ7]  r,

so I changed that to

/**.[cC][bB][rRtTzZ7]  r,

to account for cbt files as well as cbr, cbz, cb7.

I then restarted apparmor:
sudo /etc/init.d/apparmor restart
and now cbt files work everywhere. No idea why it worked in some cases earlier 
despite being missing from the list.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to evince in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/707368

Title:
  evince fails to open .cbt document from read-only media

Status in “evince” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: evince

  Evince fails to open .cbt documents from read-only media with error
  "Unable to open document
  Error opening file: Permission denied"

  Test Case:
  1. Mount a device containing a .cbt file (comic book in tar format) read-only 
  2. Open the file with evince
     - > It fails with the error above
  3. Copy the file to a RW device and open it 
      -> Success

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.04
  Package: evince 2.32.0-0ubuntu5
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.37-12.26-generic 2.6.37
  Uname: Linux 2.6.37-12-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Tue Jan 25 12:54:52 2011
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_US:en
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=en_US.utf8
   LC_MESSAGES=en_US.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcVersionSignature_: Ubuntu 2.6.37-12.26-generic 2.6.37
  SourcePackage: evince

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evince/+bug/707368/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to